Saturday, July 10, 2010

RESTING

I have been experiencing the BIG RIDE from a new perspective since Thursday July 8th...I have needed to sag for the past two days (Day 18 - Gillette to Newcastle and Day 19 - Newcastle, Wyoming to Rapid City, SD) due to my significant knee pain and swelling. The plan has been to allow my body to rest for 3 straight days in hopes that I will be able to ride again on Sunday when we leave Rapid City. My knees are inflamed and painful, especially when bent...so if you have any idea how I can bike without bending my knees, give me a holler asap! :)

Everyone on the BIG RIDE has been very supportive of me and my decision to take care of myself and my knees. It definitely makes it a little easier when everyone is supportive, and not judgmental. Part of my aversion to sagging stems from the fact that I will not have actually pedaled from Seattle to D.C. However, I am still a contributing community member. I am still engaged in the BIG RIDE. I am still pursuing my dream and helping others in the process.

Here are a few photos from life seen from sagging in the gear truck:


Jeremy, Sam, Chad, Evonne, Amy, Toby, and Bridgett


Devil's Tower from a distance... I hope to climb it someday. My friend David Halbakken climbed it on Memorial Day! ROCK ON!




George, Sue, Izzy


Jan cycling on the 9 miles of milled road... 9 miles too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment